Sunday 6 September 2015

Menorca, a Spanish piece of heaven

Mitjana
Credits
Hi Crushers,

After my last post about a Portuguese island, I'm going to share my experience on another island, this time a Spanish one: Menorca. I was there for a week and it was the perfect ending for my summer holidays. This island is one of the Balearic Islands and it is located in the Mediterranean Sea.

If you are looking for beautiful sunny beaches, warm water and soft sand, this is the island for you too. While I was there, we decided that we should know as many "calas" - which mean beaches - as we could. We selected a few of them according to what we thought would be the most beautiful and interesting to visit. Heads up: some are easy to get to, for others you need proper footwear and motivation to walk an hour and a half under the burning Menorca sun. However, I can tell you that the effort is worth it.

After visiting all the calas we were looking for, I can tell you that my favorite one was cala Mitjana. I cannot give you a scientific or logic reason why... It was just a superb day for me, and I'm sure I'll never forget it. Everything was just perfect: the beach, the weather, the company, the sand and salt on my skin, I just adored it.


I also visited cala Turqueta, Macarella and Macarelleta, Galdana, Escorxada (the most difficult to get to, I would advise you to book a taxi boat if you are not into long walks), Fustam, Trebalúger, Santandria and Arenal d'en Castell. You can google all of them and read different opinions of bloggers, but I believe that only when you actually visit these places you can understand their beauty.

This is not the ideal island if you are looking for a crazy week  drinking with your friends but it has a spectacular club called Cova d'en Xoroi that is something like I've never seen before: "an impressive natural space located in a beautiful cliff on the south coast of the island, touched by history and washed by the sea". Basically: an unique disco inside a cavern with incredible views! 

To sum up, this week was like a piece of heaven on earth for me, I will certainly recommend the island in the future and possibly return to visit the magnificent calas! 


Your TopCrusher,
Daniela 

No comments:

Post a Comment